Discover what you love!
Quality of life is priceless, and here in St. Johnsbury, you’ll find a balance of work and relaxation that suits all kinds of interests. Jobs in healthcare, legal practice, financial services, education and the arts lead the way in our diverse community. There are opportunities for entrepreneurs and all levels of manufacturing. You’ll find employers who are invested in and engaged with the people they support.
Year-round outdoor recreation is part of the fabric of St. Johnsbury! There is no shortage of ways to explore all throughout the year.
A full day of holiday cheer!
St. Johnsbury’s Victorian Holiday is the perfect way to get into the spirit of giving with treats, sweets, merry music, crafts, and a visit from Santa. Throughout the holiday season, St. J welcomes you to a downtown filled with Victorian charm and outstanding shopping and dining.
- Christmas Bazaar – Good Shepherd Catholic School (121 Maple St.) 9 AM – 2 PM. Baked goods, coffee, breakfast and lunch; raffle baskets; local vendors with great gift
- “Midnight in Winter” cards and crafts – Catamount Arts Outback (115 Eastern Ave.), 9:30 AM to Noon. Make-and-take Victorian style greeting cards workshop for families. FREE and open to all; pre-registration is requested, call 802-748-2600 ext 108
- Catamount World Chorus – Catamount Arts Cabaret Room (115 Eastern Ave) 11 AM. Children aged 7-13 from St. Johnsbury and surrounding towns perform songs from Scotland, South Africa, the Balkans and the U.S.
- Santa and his helpers – Welcome Center (Depot Square), 10 AM – 3 PM. Games, story-telling, and Santa Fund collection; crafts for kids of all ages with the Thaddeus Stevens School students and alumni
- Vermont Broadcast Associates Holiday Food Drive Dunkin Donuts (473 Railroad St.) 10 AM – 2 PM. Share your holiday cheer by bringing canned goods and other nonperishable food to stock the cupboards.
- Cookie Walk – Good Living Senior Center, St Johnsbury House (1207 Main St.) 10 AM – 1 PM. Home-made cookies and baked goods ($5/bag)
- Readings St. Johnsbury Athenaeum (1171 Main St.) 11 AM – 2 PM. Readings, refreshments and music
- Open House – Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium (1302 Main St.) 1:30 – 4 PM. Crafts for giving and for decorating, holiday planetarium presentations, and seasonal sweets!
- Open House – St. Johnsbury History & Heritage Center (421 Summer Street), 1 – 4 PM
- Anonymous Four: The Last Noel – North Congregational Church (1325 Main Street), 7 PM. KCP Presents stellar a cappella harmonies for the holidays.